These days a lot of people prefer to use natural and organic products for bathing. This is due to the increased awareness about the harmful effects of chemical-laden bathing products. One such thing is bath bombs that are becoming a favorite bathing product of people of every age group.
Apart from making the bathing experience luxuries, the bath bombs also provide various skin benefits. A bath bomb adds emollients and softeners to your bath’s water that moisturizes and indulges your skin. No matter what your skin type, the beneficial ingredients in bath bombs leave it soft, supple, and silky. Yes, it’ll cleanse your skin, but the ingredients inside will also pamper and soothe it.
Instead of buying bath bombs from stores, making them at home can be quite economical. Mostly we do not know what ingredients have been used in making the bombs but if you make them yourself, you will not just know the ingredients put in them but can also customize them according to your specific requirements. This article will help you to make amazing bath bombs easily at home.
How to Make Bath Bombs?
Now we will share with you a simple bath bomb recipe that you can easily make yourself from affordable ingredients. You can choose ingredients according to your skin type to take your bath bomb to another level!
This bath bomb recipe uses Himalayan pink salt as a special ingredient to increase its effectiveness. This will help you add a personal, soothing touch to bath time, so you can sit back, relax and breathe deep.
Himalayan Salt Bath Bombs
These bath bombs contain pink Himalayan bath salt as an essential ingredient. The bath bomb has a pleasant smell and has moisturizing and relaxing properties. These DIY natural bath bombs diffuse in the bathwater and repair your damaged and dead skin by citric acid present in them. The oils used in these bath bombs will help to make your skin shiny, smooth, and bright.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup fine-grain Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 2 tsp of water
- Organic food color of your choice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 15 drops of lavender or peppermint essential oil
- Silicone Bath Bomb Molds
Step By Step Guide
- Combine dry ingredients (baking soda and cornstarch) in a bowl.
- Add fine Himalayan crystal salt and mix well.
- Add some water in a few drops of water-soluble organic color and blend well. The use of hot water will help in mixing colors well. Mix until you get the desired color of your choice. You can add more color if you want to. Keep on mixing until you get even colored dry ingredients.
- Now we will mix the essential oil with a carrier oil. So, in another bowl, add softened coconut oil and essential oils and mix.
- Pour the oil mixture into the large bowl and mix. You can mix them with a hand beater or whisk. This mixture should be moist, not liquid or wet.
- Then add citric acid and mix it well. The final mix should look like sand. Take the mixture in your hand if it binds then you are ready to assemble your bath bombs. If it does not bind then spray a little water and try again.
- Add the mixture into the mold and press firmly using your fingers. You can use molds of different shapes. Molds should be tightly packed.
- Keep the mixture in the molds to dry for 24 hours. Then, remove molds and keep bath bombs in a dry jar.
The addition of these Himalayan salt bath bombs in bathwater makes your skin soft, smooth, and maintains its moisturizer. The useful ingredients present in the bath bomb provide the care your skin requires while taking a bath. The Himalayan salt helps to clean all dirt and dead skin from your body and make your skin bright and healthy. The essential oil in these bath bombs will make you feel relaxed and pleasant. You can also gift wrap these bath bombs and give them to your loved ones.
Essential Oils Bath Bombs
Adding essential oils to your bath bombs makes them more relaxing and therapeutic. You can use any essential oil you like such as peppermint, lavender, rosemary, lemon. You can choose oil according to a specific skin condition as well.
This will make bath bombs fragrant and soothing. Immersing yourself in these bath bombs offers a sense of relaxation and helps to unwind. These essential oils penetrate deep into your skin and help retain moisture.
How To Store Bath Bombs?
If you are not going to use the bath bombs right away then carefully store them so that they do not lose their effectiveness. Normally, bath bombs can be stored for six months.
Always place the bath bombs in a cool and dry place. Keep them away from moisture and humidity because water molecules can make them fizz and crumble. Never store them in the bathroom or any humid place, otherwise, they will melt down. Store them in plastic wraps, plastic bags, airtight jars, or Tupperware.
How To Make Bath Bombs Fizz Longer
Freshly made bath bombs fizz easily and create more bubbles when dropped in the water tub. So it is necessary to keep the bath bombs as fresh and effective as possible by properly storing them.
You can maintain their quality and make them fizz longer by using quality ingredients for making these bombs. The chemical reaction between bicarbonate of soda and citric is what makes your bath bomb fizz and move across the tub.