We are all aware of the significance of salt for healthy organ function. Ironically, we are deceived about the advantages of many things. Another among them is salt. These days, salt comes in various forms, dimensions, and hues. The body needs all the good nutrients that good salt is jam-packed with.
The two mineral-rich salts, bamboo salt, and Himalayan pink salt, will be compared in this article. Although bamboo salt and Himalayan salt have both been promoted as healthier alternatives to table salt, no research has been done to support this claim.
What is Himalayan Salt?
Himalayan salt is rock salt obtained from the Khewra salt mine in Pakistan. Iron oxide, or rust, is what gives Himalayan salt its pink tint. The word “Himalaya” relates to a different word for rock salt called “Halite,” but it has nothing to do with the Himalayas.
Due to its subterranean mining, Himalayan salt lacks substantially more of the vital qualities that sea salt does have as a result of contact with light and water. Because it has fewer different minerals and trace elements than sea salt, it might be thought of as extinct salt.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt
There are some amazing benefits of Himalayan salt. Some of them are given below:
- Himalayan salt is the purest salt, free from chemicals or poisons.
- It has over 80 trace minerals including iron, magnesium, and potassium that, because of their small molecular size, the body may readily absorb.
- Pink Himalayan salt was used by ancient Greeks to facilitate breathing and open their airways.
- Himalayan pink salt lamps eliminate dust, pollen, smoke, and other impurities that could cause respiratory issues.
- The inhalation of Himalayan salt can help clear the respiratory system and may reduce asthma, hay fever, and allergy symptoms.
- Himalayan pink salt is rich in minerals and offers several health advantages.
- Additionally, it includes trace levels of “iodine,” a naturally occurring anti-caking ingredient that facilitates usage without contributing to iodine shortage in people.
As a result of these factors, pink Himalayan salt is perceived to be considerably healthier than conventional table salt.
Applications of Himalayan Salt
There are the following ways to use Himalayan salt:
- To purify the air of contaminants, use Himalayan salt lamps.
- To unwind, cleanse, and revitalize your body, take Himalayan salt baths.
- To acquire beautiful skin, use Himalayan salt scrubs.
- In the kitchen, Himalayan salt cooking blocks may be used as serving and cooking trays.
- Goitre can be treated with iodine in Himalayan pink salt.
- To construct salt walls and salt chambers, Himalayan salt bricks, and tiles are utilized in residences and spas.
What is Bamboo Salt?
A form of salt manufactured from bamboo trimmings is known as “bamboo salt.” Bamboo salt is frequently promoted as a natural substitute for regular table salt and is also touted as having antioxidant and vitamin and mineral content. Bamboo salt is created in a different method from traditional salt, which is made from saltwater.
Due to this, the product is not as well-known as regular salt. Since there are only a few locations that can supply this salt, availability is likewise fairly limited. Korean monks and physicians discovered bamboo salt in that country. It was discovered more than a thousand years ago and has since provided many benefits for healing on the medical front.
Because of this, traditional Koreans have relied on this substance as one of their go-to natural medicines for various symptoms.
Benefits of Bamboo Salt
There are several benefits of bamboo salt. Some of them are listed below:
- Bamboo salt protects against skin infections. As a result, many individuals choose to use salt in their bathwater as a bath salt combination.
- The antibacterial properties of the bamboo salt can help prevent bacterial infections. This is beneficial for maintaining bodily health and preventing the spread of germs.
- Additionally, bamboo salt promotes mental relaxation. The nutrient’s constituent will promote greater hormone production within the body, improving mood and thought processes. As a result, it is one of the natural methods for assisting in stress reduction.
- It can be used in baking, pickling, cooking, and seasoning. Sprinkle on your favorite foods to enhance the flavor. Wonderful for alkaline diets.
- Because bamboo salt contains greater quantities of iron and potassium than regular sea salt, research suggests that it may improve cell functions.
Application of Bamboo Salt
There are the following ways to use bamboo salt:
- For the treatment of tooth decay and toothaches, use bamboo salt.
- Use bamboo salt to cure hair loss, apply bamboo salt to the scalp, and get rid of body odor.
- Use bamboo salt to rinse your nose.
- Utilize bamboo salt to ease joint discomfort.
- As a skin treatment, use bamboo salt to improve skin problems.
While Himalayan salt is a mineral that occurs naturally, bamboo salt is created by boiling salt in a bamboo container that has been lined with clay. The massive rocks that make up this salt are manually mined and then further crushed into various grain sizes.
During the roasting process, the minerals from the bamboo are incorporated into the salt. After being repeatedly roasted for almost nine hours, the salt’s color changes and it becomes a solid rock-shaped salt that is broken, crushed, and finally packed.
Bamboo is used to manufacture bamboo salt, which has the same advantages as sea salt or rock salt. Due to its therapeutic qualities, it has been employed in traditional Korean medicine.
As a pollutant-free, mineral-rich salt, Himalayan pink salt offers several nutritional and physiological advantages. Bamboo salt and Himalayan rock salt are very dissimilar to one another. Whatever salt you choose for whatever purpose is entirely up to you.